When Houston hotel owner Atish Gandhi embarked on a journey to build a new 92 room edition of the fresh Home2 by Hilton in the highly competitive Katy, Texas market, he faced it with a combination of excitement and anxiety. His family had lots of experience running hotels, but the new concept that targets savvy extended stay guests was a new game for them.
Atish turned to peers and family members for advice. One of them recommended he call Amer Salman at Integral Hospitality Solutions. Amer and President Bill Murray went to Houston to visit Atish and his family in July 2013. Everyone hit it off immediately and the partnership was off and running.
Integral put together the team and handled all of the pre-opening tasks, including developing a comprehensive marketing plan. On August 6, 2014, the beautiful hotel opened and customers beat a path to the door. Here are some impressive statistics:
- Successfully ramped up and pulled 105% of marketshare from RevPAR standpoint in 7 months.
- Closed the 2015 calendar year with 105.5% RevPAR index.
- Grew RevPAR index 46.7% over first year.
- 2015 Extended Stay Occupancy 46.9%
- Finished in Top Half of brand in 2015 for Overall Service.
- Finished in Top Half of brand in 2015 for Guest-room Cleanliness.
Integral and the Gandhis are looking forward to a tremendous 2016!
Category: Success Stories